Rethink Recycling Day
Saturday, October 27, 2018
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Shoreway Environmental Center
333 Shoreway Road, San Carlos
Free event, registration required: rethinkrecycling.eventbrite.com
The event will include FREE:
- Food: Enjoy free lunch on us!
- Raffle Ticket: We will have several eco-friendly door prizes available, you must be present to win. Limit one prize per household.
- Food Preserving Demonstrations: Master Food Preservers will lead two demos: pickling and jams/jellies. Participants will have the opportunity to taste or take a bit home! Come learn how to pickle or make jams/jellies and taste test the fruits of your labor!
- Book and Clothing Swap: Have extra clothes and books? Want new-to-you clothes and books? Check out our swap area! Read below for places to pre-donate clothes and books.*
- Facility Tours: See where all your recycling, compost, and trash go after leaving your curbside. Tours are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Q & A with our Executive Director: Joe La Mariana will host a session of Q & A for any of your recycling questions!
- Household Battery Disposal: Pick up convenient bags for proper battery disposal and drop off your used household batteries for recycling.
- Document Shredding: Bring paper documents and confidential materials for safe and secure shredding done onsite. Limit three standard size bankers boxes (10"x12"x15") per household. Must show proof of residency in RethinkWaste's service area**. Shredding lasts until 2pm or until the truck is full, whichever comes first.
- Compost: Use processed yard trimmings and food scraps to provide nutrients to your garden! Bags and shovels provided, or bring your own bucket. Happy gardening!
- Electronic Recycling: Drop off computers, tablets, TVs, cell phones, VCRs, and more for proper recycling.
The event will be held rain or shine. Schedule to follow.
*Interested in donating books and clothing ahead of time? Bring your usable books and clothing to:
- Our office on the second floor of the San Carlos Library from 9am-5pm Monday through Friday, located at 610 Elm Street Suite 202, San Carlos.
- A public tour, registration required: rethinkwastetours.eventbrite.com.
If you're interested in volunteering on the day of the event, please contact . Breakfast and lunch will be provided for all volunteers. An hour long volunteer training will be required the week of event. Snacks will be provided.
**RethinkWaste service area: Atherton, Belmont, Burlingame, County of San Mateo, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Hillsborough, Menlo Park, Redwood City, San Carlos, San Mateo, and West Bay Sanitary District
Array ( [id] => 141 [title] => Rethink Recycling Day [slug] => /shoreway-facility/rrd [view_is_secure] => [view_guest] => 1 [engine] => [view_admin_lock] => [edit_admin_lock] => [archived] => [admin] => [level] => 2 [lft] => 111 [rgt] => 112 )
Array (  => Array ( [id] => 1  => 1 [slug] => /  => / [view_is_secure] => 0  => 0 [view_guest] => 1  => 1 [view_admin_lock] => 0  => 0 [edit_admin_lock] => 0  => 0 [archived] => 0  => 0 [lft] => 1  => 1 [rgt] => 190  => 190 [level] => 0  => 0 [engine] =>  => [template] => home  => home [title] => Main  => Main )  => Array ( [id] => 14  => 14 [slug] => /shoreway-facility  => /shoreway-facility [view_is_secure] => 0  => 0 [view_guest] => 1  => 1 [view_admin_lock] => 0  => 0 [edit_admin_lock] => 0  => 0 [archived] => 0  => 0 [lft] => 86  => 86 [rgt] => 121  => 121 [level] => 1  => 1 [engine] =>  => [template] => default  => default [title] => Shoreway Facility  => Shoreway Facility ) )